Quick Facts about Ohio Pure Maple Syrup Producers:
- Ohio averages between 4th and 5th in total production among 12 U.S states that produce pure maple syrup.
- We contribute $5-6 million to Ohio’s economy annually.
- March is now officially known as “Maple Syrup Producers Month” (http://www.ohiosenate.gov/democrats/press/maple-syrup-industry-to-be-celebrated-in-march)
- Some families have been producing maple syrup dating back 7 generations.
- Maple syrup production is completely sustainable farming.